Sunday, July 5, 2009

Holiday festivities! - The 4th of July!!!

I'm kinda tired from the day's festivities, so I'm not gonna do a full out post. Just thought I would check in on y'all (I say y'all and then my friends make fun of me. lol) and let you know some of my thoughts on the day. So here it goes...

Is it possible to go a couple days without someone dying?! Steve McNair (ok, so most people might not know who that is, but he was an NFL quarterback) died now too! Celebs are dropping left and right, so be thankful you're not super famous (well, maybe you are. lol) because you might be next!

and ALSO

You know, I may be a mindless child, but one thing I'm not, is a mindless child! While I was at the campground, this chick (Molly) said "I wonder if kids now a days even know why we celebrate the 4th of July!" my cousin Nate the Hobo valiantly tried to provide an answer and he said "It's when we gained Independence from Europe and won the war! I don't remember what the war was called though."
and this is how the convo continued:
ME: (semi -loudly, but defiantly not my normal speaking volume, from behind the crowd) The REVOLUTIONARY war.
NATE: YEAH!
MOLLY: Ok, but what country?
NATE: Ummmm France?
MOLLY: YEAH!

Forgive me for being a stupid little kid, but I'm pretty sure that we celebrate Independence day because it's the day that our founding fathers signed the Declaration of Independence, we hadn't yet won the war, and we were gaining Independence from BRITAIN. Not FRANCE. The French helped us win the war.

Oh well.

and FINALLY,

I went to see The Proposal (with Sandra Bullock) today. It was funny! For everyone that either doesn't know or forgot, it's about a woman (S.B.) who is going to be deported to Canada, so she forces her assistant to marry her in order to save her career. One part was funny because the guy in the story's mom and grandmother were saying something about the son/grandson having to tell someone that he loves them so they can say it back. At this point, the dad is like "What?!" "Why does he have to do that!?" and the mom and grandma just rolled their eyes at the fact that the dad didn't understand. It was really funny. Of course it might not sound funny the way i described it, but i'm trying not to give anything away. Even though i already might've. lol

Oh, and during the movie, someone yelled at someone else to shut up, and my mom was like "wOO!" (sorta like an "oh no he didn't!" type "wOO!" not a cheering one.) really loud and my automatic reaction was to shush her...equally as loud. I couldn't help it! She's one of those people that don't TALK during movies, but she's like "hmm." or "what a loser" or "wOO!" . I almost think it's more annoying than sitting near someone who talks a ton (which actually is kinda hypocriticalof me, because it doesn't annoying me talking TO someone that talks a lot, and I talk a lot in most movies.)

so that's pretty much it!

Happy 4th Everyone!
-helcar

-^- w
<(^.^)> / (ok, that's a really messed up kirby with a small party hat and a scary sparkler. this is a picture of kirby.click it if you don't know who he is....http://home.btconnect.com/hgi/nintendo-ds/kirby.jpg)

PS: I neglected to mention that when i shushed my mom, the whole theatre burst into laughter, which was a main point of me sharing the story (oops!) lol. So....yeah.

2 comments:

  1. Hold on while i figure out who kirby is....lol. he's the fat little guy who rolls aorund, right? And that's what i thought to! but maybe molly just knows more than us! LOL! And i just heard about that to! wasn't he like shot at his condo or something like that? and ya'll...there goes your southern accent again! lol. And you didnt give anything away, you just confused me and anyone else who is going to read that...lol....lol, my mom does those things sometimes to, but if you know my mom, you have to get used to that fact that she DOES NOT CARE AT ALL what people think of her...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol yeah he is. LOL yeah maybe molly was there for the first 4th of july! jk. and thats good that i didn't give anything away. and i forgot to mention that when i said SHH! everyone in the theatre burst into laughter. lol

    ReplyDelete