Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A day of...

Well, I'm not sure if today is a good day or a bad day, but it DEFIANTLY had some good spots. So....I'LL TELL YOU RIGHT AFTER THIS COMMERCIAL BREAK! STAY TUNED TO SEE..ok I'm just kidding about that. Wouldn't it be annoying if I put "commercial breaks" in my blog posts? But talking about that would put me off topic (like I usually am) but I guess I can start from the beginning.

My mom woke me up at 5:30 (fun right?) because I had Cross Country Captains Practice-no, I'm not a captain, but the captains hold "practices" that are like conditioning before the actual season starts.-The practice technically isn't until 8am, but I have to eat, and get ready to go. And then i have to bike about 4.5 miles to the high school since my mom has to be at work by 6, and I REFUSE to sit outside the high school for 2 hours. But anyways, it takes me about 45 min. to bike there since I go slow in order to save some energy. At that point, it's about 6:45am,-7 ish if I left at 6:15. Then I bike around town to waste time. Haha. I found a road on Google Earth that takes me to my friends houses, so they might get an early wake up call if getting down there doesn't take too long.
I go back to the high school with enough time to be about 10 min early, so i have more time to wind down before i have to run.
SO ANYWAYS! But this morning I was REALLY tired, so I decided (like the genius I am) to "rest my eyes for a couple minutes." And that couple minutes just happened to turn into a couple hours. So when i opened my eyes at 8:04am, I was like "CRAP!" and rolled over to look at my clock, and then I was like "CRAP!" and then I flailed a little bit and then I gave up and sulked.

After that, I called my mom to let her know that I had simply overslept the practice, and that i didn't get hit by a car or kidnapped by a psycho (there are stretches of my route that are near really busy roads, and I'm supposed to call when I get to practice and when i get home). And then I went running by my house so I wouldn't stay out of shape like I am now. Well, actually, I'm not really "out of shape", I'm just not in "run 4 miles straight" shape. But still!


When I got home, I got on blogger like the addict I am, and I checked Tova's first, except i typed in the URL instead of going to my dashboard (for some reason). When I got there, I read the new post, and when i got to the bottom, I saw the most amazing thing ever! (ok, maybe not ever, but it was still FREAKIN AWESOME!)
......
There were 0, zip, no, comments! As quickly as I could (I was having a TOTAL spaz attack.) I clicked the comment button and typed up a quick comment, worrying the whole time that someone was going to take this amazing opportunity (I mean, some on! She has a thousand something people following her blog, waiting to comment!) And I GOT IT!!! I GOT THE FIRST COMMENT!! It was the greatest moment of my young life! (Anyone seen that episode of Spongebob? The Frycook Games?...Oh...ok...) Ok, so maybe not the greatest, but it was pretty fantastic! Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not sure what the greatest moment of my life was so far...so maybe that WAS the greatest moment...is that sad?

After that, the day was pretty boring for the most part. I cleaned some (I still failed to make any progress on my room, so it's still the stereotypical teenage waste dump. LOL) and cleaned the chinchilla cage-I have 2; Titan and Joker-and that took a while because I had to deep clean the whole area. There was bedding and cardboard scraps and orchard grass everywhere...Maybe I didn't get any cleaning done because I kept stopping to play Tony Hawk Project 8.

Some time after my mom got home I went to the orthodontist (I'm a brace face.) And got rubber bands...which is more like rubber band, because the ortho people only wanted me to put a band on the left side of my mouth. bleh.

And then finally, I "adopted" Alexandra's poor fish. By adopted, I mean rescued. Hot Rocks (That's what she named him-I'm changing it as soon as I think of a name) was on the fast track to a toilet bowl funeral because she is a HORRIBLE pet owner. She bugged my mom forever about getting a fish, and so my mom went to a friend's kid's wedding, and she acquired two red beta fish (they were center pieces for some reason) and Victoria got one, and Alexandra got one. Of course Alexandra thought one of the fish was ugly, (it kinda was.) so she threw a tantrum and said that Victoria stole her fish so that she could get the "pretty" one. But anyways, so Alexandra barely ever fed her fish, and she NEVER cleaned his bowl. I mean the water was GRAY! It had bits of food and fish poop floating around in it, and there was lint or something on top of the water. Plus, the fish was hanging around at the top of the water. Most likely because the water was a LITTLE cleaner because some of the stuff sunk to the bottom. It was a wonder the fish wasn't dead already. So my mom said I could have it since Alexandra said she didn't want it anymore because it was boring.

The double plus in this situation is that Victoria felt bad for the fish too, and she wanted to get him away from Alexandra. So she said that if I "adopted" Hot Rocks, she would clean his barf-tastic bowl. So now Mr. Beta is sitting on my dresser, and no longer hanging around the top of the water.



And ALSO, my dad is coming up from the good 'ol Virgin-I-A. Old Dominion...and whatever else they call it. (That's where I lived before I moved here...i should tell you about it sometime!) on Saturday...fuuunnnn...
By the way, does anyone have any suggestions for what I could name my snazzy new (red) beta fish? Should I post a pic of him (and the rest of my zoo while I'm at it) ?

I think that's about it...
helcar :P

6 comments:

  1. I GOT FIRST COMMENT!!! no, jk lol....but you getting first comment for tova is FRIGGIN AWESOME!!! I went onto her post and saw like 32 comments and i was like, screw it, way down that far she'll never notice my comment and thn i scrolled down near the bottom and was like "hmmmm i wonder if rachel posted" and then i was scrollin aroung 20 and i couldn't find you so i went back up and was like "well, who got first?" and then i rubbed my eyes, freaked out and was like "YEAH RACHEL!!!!(and then like the mom's of kids who like win the olympics) i was like OMG that's my friend! that's my friend, and i'm the one who told her to start the blog!!!" lol

    hmmm, you could post a pic of your zoo....that would be cool. and LOL about the flailing thing...you should TOTALLY bike past my house!!! warning: if you don't call the day b4 hand i will prolly still be sleeping if you bike past...lol

    and no, sorry not really any good names for ummm "hot rocks"....
    how about Crimson?!that's actually sort of cool! and here's other ways to say red...so i hope these helped...
    -Rojo
    -Ruby
    -Rouge
    -Rosso

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL yeah. i posted and it was like "1 COMMENT" and i kept going back to make sure i was really first. i can totally see you freaking. i would too though. i almost called you but it was like 9am and i didn't want someone to kill me if u weren't up or whatever. i have to see how long it would take me to ride down grenada.


    thanks 4 the suggestions. i kinda like rouge. what language is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, call me weird, but I think it is so cool that you can ride your bike to your school and around town! I could NEVER do that here because I live like a good 6 miles out from any sort of civilization, and even if I did live in town, I would most def get shot riding my bike alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nah its not weird. it's pretty cool because i can bike pretty much anywhere i want to go. it's definatly a good thing. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And AHHH, wait, i'm removing that comment!!! You know that you are telling the whole internet what block i live on when you typed that!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! GET RID OF IT! NOW! BEFORE TO MANY PPL READ IT AND THEN EVERYONE KNOWS WHERE I LIVE (or some weirdo stalks me or something)!!!!lol, sorry for being a spaz! but really! i can't have anyone who goes on the internet knowing where i live!

    ReplyDelete