Tuesday, July 7, 2009

helcar's Totally Awkward Tuesday!

Ok so here it goes. I have decided to take part in Tova Darling's AWESOME Totally Awkward Tuesday.

You tell about an awkward experience you've had, then link back to her blog and leave a comment saying you participated. So here is the link, http://tovadarling.blogspot.com/ , and i hope I'm doing this right!



----------



A couple years ago, my cousin Rachael (she's turning 16 on the 20th of July) and i were hanging out at the Mall of America, along with my mom, my sisters, and my aunt Jane. This was BEFORE it turned into the Nickelodeon Universe, so it was still Camp Snoopy.



We basically spent the day walking around and shopping, with a stop to the food court for lunch, and some time at Lego Land...just for fun. At some point in the day, the "kids" (a.k.a. my sisters, Rachael and myself) decided we wanted to go on rides, so that's what we did. When we were done, the grown ups decided that they were sick carrying their bags, and of the crowds, and the screaming kids. Of course, they then remembered that they had "a couple more stores" they had to get to. In the language of my family's adults, that means "We just dragged you to your rides, and we aren't done shopping. We're going to more stores, no matter what you say, so shuttup and come on."



Us being kids, we were (and still are) addicted to gum for no real reason, so Rachael gave me and Victoria a piece of gum. Don't ask me where Alexandra was. She was probably hanging out with my mom. After Victoria got her piece of gum, she wandered off. Rachael and i didn't see trash cans anywhere, and so while we were waiting for the adults, we started playing around with our gum wrappers. At first, (i had ripped it into little pieces for 20 times the fun!) i had the little balled up gum wrapper pieces on the railing, and i was playing with them and a couple fell off. They fell slowly and almost landed on some innocent bystander. After i saw that, my brain (because we all know how awesome it is. lol) was like "ENTERTAINMENT!!!" so i migrated to a different strip of railing which was above a fake tree, and tossed a couple (ok so it was more like the rest of my scraps) down one by one to see if i could get them in the tree pot. My cousin and i were both doing it because we were having a competition and we were REALLY bored. Keep in mind that these were REALLY small scraps of paper. Not the gum that was once in the wrappers, not rocks, and not spit.



Pretty soon after that, the 'rental and family got done with the store they were in, and they decided they were finally ready to leave the mall. At that point we started making our way towards to door (we were in the belly of the beast. a.k.a. the middle of the mall) and about halfway there, we noticed that there was a rather tall, grumpy looking security guard trailing us. At first we ignored him, but when he kept following us, we turned around and very politely said "Can we help you?" and he was like

"WELL. We have footage of these CHILDREN. Throwing things over the mall railing!"

and as he was saying all of this, he was talking REALLY loudly and emphasizing on random words. All the while, people that were walking by were starting to stop and stare at the showdown. Then of course, since Alexandra is such a FANTASTIC sister, she was like "oooOO!" like a class of 2nd graders when someone gets called to the office. Granted it wasn't super loud, but i could hear it fairly clearly from 6 feet away. Which certainly helped the situation.



After Officer Crankypants finished his lecture, my mom was just like "Well....they're very sorry." and then she made us give this long apology. After we apologized, he was like "DON'T let it happen again!" and stormed off.



The few people that had decided to stop and gawk slowly dispersed as I got a lecture from my mom. I listened to that lecture with the same non existent attentiveness I gave the mall cop.





-------



Ok, so needless to say, this awkwardness was caused by my own actions, and I'm sure it was much worse for my mom since she was the parent of one of the wrapper throwing delinquents. Oh well. It was still awkward.



Being awkward is so much fun...

-helcar =O.O= (that's sorta a blushing "oh no" face. not a bug eyed cat. lol)

6 comments:

  1. oOHHH! I did that at this one hotel, first we found these pieces of cardboard (the "DO NOT DISTURN" signs, ripped them up into pieces the size of quarter) and when they felll htey like fluttered down really cool....So first we flicked them off, then we tried to drop them in the fountain below...and then we started hitting people in the head (they would sort of jump or put their hand on their head an look up, then we'd duck behind the railing) whic we decided was way more fun until mom got SUPER mad at us...

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol yeah and you know what? i only threw it at somone like ONCE! (then i decided that i have horrible aim when i'm throwing tiny scraps of paper.) Congrats on the follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. why thank you!. and i'll bet you'll get more followers, you just wait!!! and lol, everyone has bad aim (excepr with spit)lol, jk...well actually not jk,lol.....and you should change the date of your TAT so that it's the first one that show up (instead of your holiday festivities)

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEK! I have been scolded in public places for things I didn't even do, and it's mortifying. And once the scolder walks away, I get ticked and think of all the things I could (and should) have said to them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! Public lectures are always awkward. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yella: thanks. lol yeah its kinda hard to aim with spit unless you're right over something. and i got the date changed!

    Rachel: (woot! that's my name too!)yeah i know! except i think of everything i could've said and done too late for like EVERYTHING. lol

    Ebony: yeah...lol. thanks for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete