Friday, July 24, 2009

FREEEEEEDDDDOOOMMM!!!!

Home again, home again, jiggety jig! I'M BAAAACCCCKKKKKK and I would like to christen this moment with a complaint!

UGH! I officially hate my laptop. Or my internet connection. Either one. I have been trying to get on my computer and check e-mails and post ALL WEEK. So now I'm going through blog withdrawal because every time I had some smart remark or annoying whine (when something happens, my mind kind of goes into blog explanation mode) I wasn't able to bother you guys with it! So why didn't you get on your main computer and blog instead of leaving us alone? Excellent question, unseen member of my internet audience! Ok, so that was me...LOL...But my dad was up, and being the awesome person that he is, he was on the main computer 24/7 playing Bejeweled. ARGH! So that brings me to something that I REALLY wanted to rant about while he was here and blow off some steam, but here it goes.

My dad is RIDICULOUS. He has ridiculous demands, spazzes out about ridiculous things, and acts ridiculous!! He wanted us to make the house spotless basically every day, and if we didn't do something he said RIGHT AWAY, he would start complaining about how we never do anything without someone ragging on us. One time when he was nagging, he had the nerve to say

"You guys have basically 3 women in the house, since Alexandra is still young, so this house should practically be like a postcard house."

That REALLY pissed me off. That's MAJOR rudeness, and plus, technically, Victoria and I are TEENAGERS (Well, she's 12, but she's basically a teen and shes taller than most high schoolers. ) and teens are stereotypically not fantastic at cleaning up after themselves. It's a disease that most of us have. And to add to that fact, my mom works all the time, and right now she's on a work schedule that gets her off at like 2:45 when she doesn't work overtime, but she has to get up way early to get to work on time, so she is normally exhausted when she gets home.
But anyways, another thing that really made me mad while he was here (he left this morning) was that he was UBER lazy. He spent practically every minute we were at my house on the computer, where he either played Bejeweled, or looked at ESPN and similar sites for sports updates! Also, he didn't make, or even OFFER to make dinner while he was here. So if I didn't want a turkey sandwich for breakfast, lunch, and dinner,(hmm. That sounds like Christmas when he comes up!) I had to make dinner. I mean, he didn't even ask if we were hungry or ask if we wanted to order pizza. He didn't even help with dinner. He did the dishes maybe three times. He was up here from the 11th to the 24th. So on the 12th, we had roasted pork loin with potatoes, apple, and sage. On the 13th, we ate out. On the 14th, we had baked potato soup. On the 15th, we went to Sonshine Fest (I'll talk about that when i get done ranting) so we had Wendy's for lunch, and sandwiches for dinner. Every single day of Sonshine, (from the 15th-18th, or 4 days) we had sandwiches (would you like turkey and cheese or chicken and cheese?) for lunch and dinner, and yogurt for breakfast. Then when we got back, we spent 3 days eating sandwiches. On the 22nd, Victoria and I made pancakes and eggs and grits. On the 23rd, (yesterday) I made chicken with lemon balm, and rice and broccoli.

My final point in this one sided debate, is that he is always like "You guys fight all the time....blah blah blah....no one but you guys....blah blah blah..." and then his signature line, "back when I was a little boy, my siblings and I didn't fight anywhere near as much as you guys!" Ok. So here's the thing. My dad was raised in like the 1800's! I'm just kidding. That's an exaggeration, but apparently there was like black and white TV and stuff when he was growing up. He's old. And if you look at any family now, and you look at how much the siblings fight, its probably not quite as bad as how much we fight, but it's still quite a bit.

Ok. I think I'm done. Not necessarily with whining (that stuff builds up when I don't blog for a while) but for the most part with whining about my dad. So ONWARDS!

Sonshine was AWESOME, as it was last year. For those of you that don't know, it's a music festival, it goes on for 4 days, it's normally in mid July. It feature Christian bands (or bands with christian faith? Something like that. I'm not sure of the exact qualifications) OH MY GOD. I'm sitting here and I was like "WTF IS THAT?!" because I heard this monstrous noise outside. So it's hailing and storming monstrously outside. LOL sorry about that. But anyways, WAIT! Victoria just brought me a piece of hail that's about the size of a ping pong ball. I hope my garden isn't destroyed. For real now. Back to Sonshine. Not to be confused with Sunshine. So I went to see a bunch of bands.

-This Beautiful Republic
-Barlow Girl
-Family Force Five
-Skillet
-Children 18:3
-Day of Fire
-Fireflight
-Red
-Hawk Nelson
-Decyfer Down
-Thousand Foot Krutch
-Nevertheless
-Reliant K

The bands in red are the ones I hadn't heard before, and I ended up at their concert by chance or because they had cool names and I wanted to check them out. My favorite concerts out of the bands I went were by far, Skillet, Family Force Five, and Thousand Foot Krutch.
At the TFK concert, I crowd surfed, and it was FREAKIN AWESOME! I didn't tell my mom or dad though, because they probably would've freaked. That's about it because as usual, I'm getting inpatient with typing. On to the next subject.

I'm depressed. I'm going off to Y(MCA) Camp from all week and that means I'm leaving on Sunday. It's not that I'm not excited to go, its that I wish I wasn't going this week. I wanted to go to the first session, which was like a week after school got out. The cabins are cleaner, the counselors aren't tired, and then the rest of my summer is basically free. But my sisters INSISTED that we go to a different one. And therefore I am mad at them. Why am I mad about something that seems so small? Because it means that I'm missing Lauren's 16TH BIRTHDAY PARTY. That's like the WORST party to miss! It's a sweet 16 and I feel horrible! Oh, and Mark is going. That makes me seem like a stalker or something, but don't forget that he also is technically my friend, and I haven't seen him in a while. So that is over all a depressing thing. The good news is though, my mom hatched a plan, that we (as in my sisters and I *rolls eyes*) could have a cook out sorta thing at our house, and invite our friends. It'd be from like 2 to 10 or something like that. I think that's a good plan! Although my paranoidness gets to me at that point because half of my brain imagines it as a fun party, and the other half starts freaking out and imagining it as a horrible disaster where all of my friends mob Mark and interrogate him, and my sisters friends are total monsters and somehow Alexandra overhears someone or something and then she knows who I like and she'll tell him. UGH. But I will go through with it anyways, because there seem to be more positives than negatives.


All done...
-Helcar :)/ :( /z.z

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Ummm, your dad sounds like my dad! lol...and AWESOME!!!! Crowd surfing, FUN!!!! And that storm FREAKED me out! lol, my mom came home (since she's working the night shift now) and acted like nothing happened when we were trying to explain to her how big the hail was...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my. glad you got that out of your system! (or at least, temporarily).

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol yeah i know. my cousin called later and we had put the hail in the freezer to prove we weren't exaggerating, and she laughed at us for doing that. lol but what are you up to in august alley?

    ReplyDelete