Monday, August 3, 2009

Awkward much?

Well ladies and gentlemen, the day has come again where we share our awkward stories and laugh (and cringe) with each other! This event is hosted by the lovely Tova, so follow the rules! (Post, link back, then add your linkey to her list and all that fun stuff)
So this awkwardness takes place not long ago, as in like winter break ish, so December. My sisters and dad were in tow, and that causes the awkwardness...just you wait.

It was getting to be towards the end of winter break, and it was after Christmas, and my psycho dad insisted that we take a TWO DAY DRIVE all the way back from North Carolina IN THE WINTER! That includes winter snowy storms and all of that fun crap. So anyways, I was stressed, because I had an appointment that I REALLY needed to get to. That appointment was tubing with my conference friends....aka Mark and Lauren. Luckily we got back in time. So when I got to the snow tubing place, I gave Mark a ring to find out where he was...and where the tubing was as a matter of fact...I'd never been tubing there before...so anyways, once I got to this hill thing, (Lauren wasn't there yet) there was one person in a red coat standing, and they were standing at the top of a snow packed, icy, and fairly steep slope. I immediately (ok, well not immediately. It took me like 2 seconds) figured out who the person was (Mark) , and suddenly that person was barreling down the icy hill. I, being the genius I am, went forward like 4 steps (with my stride, its quite a bit.) and got a flying tackle hug from Mark. (No, for those of you that don't know, he's NOT my boyfriend [not that I would object if he was...I mean, I only like him... :} ] he's just my friend) The hug lasted a couple (or like 5) seconds. We kinda spun a little bit (like a half turn people. NOT 'picking someone up and spinning' type thing) because he was kinda to the side, and the path was icy. Trust me. This doesn't help the awkwardness. I don't know about him, but it was kinda a body slam, and I needed a couple seconds to recover. This is where the awkwardness really starts to set in. My dad and sisters were still behind me, and I could feel my sisters gawking, and my dad trying to burn a hole in my back with his eyes. That was REALLY awkward, because even though we were just exchanging out of breath 'hi's' (we did just sorta body slam mind you!) and recovering, my family was staring at me like we were making out. Mark told me when we were all going back up the hill that he was trying to knock me over...he nearly succeeded, and I have a feeling that would've REALLY made the awkwardness worse.

So that will be all for now.

Oh the awkwardness...
-Helcar :P

3 comments: